Monday, February 28, 2011

Reawakening after a Week in a Marijuana Induced Conscious Coma

I am committed to returning to my daily activities in a sober state of mind, the only state of mind that I can successfully manage my responsibilities, multitask, and fully function. I have come back into my little haven of my world with new ideas, new perspectives, a reenergized drive for coming to some kind of existence that I am proud of rather than my status of just passing through days and having nothing to show for all of my thirty six years. The marijuana can  take you outside of yourself, to show you yourself, to cross boundaries of consciousness, to break up the stagnations that one falls into from time to time, but it has its costs, and will steal large parts of your life if you don't have some control over it. My symbolic death is over for some time. Now I begin my symbolic life. Currently am finishing my essay due today for "Intro to Religious Studies", have to start hustling on my book report on "Curious Incident of the Dog in Night Time" for "Literary Interpretation" due by the end of this week, another essay due by midnight Sunday for "Mythology and Modern Life", and I have various essays due for my "Educational Planning" class I have been putting off. I am also preoccupied with the need to work on my book also. I expect to see a seasonal job that I have worked for in the past hiring again in the paper in the next few weeks. Have to hustle on my assignments and get as much done as I can before I lose forty hours of my life again. You can't escape paying your dues in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment