Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Moderator Update 07-04-12 (Creative Nonfiction II).




Happy Independence Day. After reading the professor's latest remarks, I realized that I was guilty, as are some others, in thinking I could get away with just summarizing someone's writing, and then congratulating them for their submission. It only shows that we are not really reading the texts, and applying what they say to both other people's, and our own writing. In any other course we have to look at some piece of writing through our course readings, and then apply our citations correctly. We have to remember to use our course readings to put our essays into the context of how they apply to creative nonfiction criteria. If you hope to get as much out of the course as possible, you need to apply the course readings to your criticism. To me, I think this is the only way you're going to learn how to write creative nonfiction, if that's what you truly want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment